Parents, it's not easy to find the right expert to help your child.
Here are some Top Tips for you:
* It is not advisable to go with the first tutor you find or the cheapest, interview at least 3 to 4.
* Ask for a CV, relevant qualifications, and their criminal background check certificate.
* Ask for a first free lesson even if it's 30 minutes to gauge how well your child interacts with the tutor.
* Try to stay present in that first 30 minutes in order to assess the tutor's teaching style.
* After the lesson talk to your child, how do they feel about the lesson? Were they excited? Bored? Interested?
* Based on yours and your child's assessment you can decide whether to rebook another lesson.
* Sometimes it can take up to 3 tutors to find the right one - the results will speak for themselves.
Even if you are not using a tutor on the Scholar Hub platform we are still here to help as our mission is child safety.
NEVER fall back on a recommendation without your own investigation and assessment of a tutor.
Remember we are the ONLY tuition site that has a strict policy on criminal background checks for our under 18s tutors. Although the law does not require this, we hold a high bar when it comes to the safety of our children on Scholar Hub.
Website by James Dowen Web Designer Birmingham Web Designer London